Monday 6 May 2013

Bottled - Toffee Apple Cider

Today I bottled a Toffee Apple Cider that i made earlier in the year following this recipe from the Brew UK Forum

After a first taste since this was put in the demijohn for conditioning, I'm not 100% happy with it. Non of the pears and the honey come through or even a toffee taste and it is a bit sharp. I plan on drinking this for halloween/bonfire night so hopefully 6 months in the bottle will do it some justice.

Before bottling I add some Vanilla Flavouring. 1 and half teaspoons per litre. This was 83p and it was only until I added it that I noticed that it wasn't vanilla essence, Damn!

It was then siphoned into four 1 litre bottles along with 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar to carbonate it.


Fingers crossed that time can save this. I was really looking forward to this and would hate to chuck it down the sink

No comments:

Post a Comment